The entrance, with carved inscription

The entrance, with carved inscription

The inscription reads: "The Queens Rifle Volunteer Brigade The Royal Scots. Headquarters."

The plaque reads: Regiment raised 1859. Headquarters rebuilt and opened 6th May 1905 by HRH the Duke of Connaught KT. Colonel Sir Robert Cranston VD. Colonel Comandant of Brigade. Lord Provost of the City.

Click here for a closeup of the plaque.